LFC ADMISSIONS

 

Click to view our virtual tour

Why LFC?

Lake Forest Charter School is a rigorous, accelerated, National Blue Ribbon criteria admissions public charter school serving over 600 Orleans Parish students from kindergarten through eighth grade. Since its inception in 2006, Lake Forest has maintained its A+ rating by the Louisiana Department of Education and has become the highest-performing K-8 school in Louisiana. 

LFC Eligibility Requirements 

 

LFC entrance requirements help us evaluate if our rigorous, accelerated pace is an appropriate environment for an applicant to excel. We use a matrix point system in a two-phase process to determine the admissions eligibility of an applicant. Phase I considers an initial assessment. Applicants that meet the threshold combined score will proceed to Phase II. Phase II considers the g.p.a. (1-8), portfolio (K-1), attendance (2-8), and orientation/survey (K-8).

.

LFC Seat Allocation Policy

 

Our two-tiered process determines seat allocation. Eligible kindergarten applicants with siblings who are current LFC students receive automatic seat assignments. The remaining K-8th grade applicants are ranked by their total matrix score - 75% of available seats are assigned to the top matrix scorers. The remaining 25% of the available seats at each grade level will be filled through a lottery drawing of all qualified applicants.

 

Students are matched with their highest-ranked available school. Qualified students that do not receive an LFC seat assignment will be placed on a waiting list. NOLA-PS will conduct a lottery to order the waiting list. All acceptance and waiting list information will be communicated with families directly through the NOLA-PS Enrollment Office.

LFC Application Process

The admissions process is initiated with LFC after the applicant completes a NOLA-PS NCAP application with Lake Forest Charter selected as a choice and then completes the LFC Supplemental Admissions Form (SAF) with supporting documentation. See quick info below for details*

NOLA-PS NCAP
Opens November 7th 2022 at enrollnolaps.com

OUR MISSION

Lake Forest Elementary Charter School’s mission is to provide a nurturing environment for children from diverse backgrounds that facilitates maximum student achievement through a rigorous, accelerated academic program incorporating visual, cultural, and creative arts which will ultimately enhance each student’s ability to become a global, productive citizen.

OUR CORE VALUES

  • Honesty 

  • Respect

  • Kindness

  • Hard Work

  • Resilience

  • Determination

  • Accountability

 

LFC ACHIEVEMENTS

2007 - 2021

Orleans Parish School Board A Award for Top Achievement

2013 & 2021

U.S. Dept. of Education National Blue Ribbon

2009 & 2016

Title I Distinguished School

2017 

FitNOLA Platinum  School 

2021

Terrel H. Bell Award for Outstanding School Leadership