Lake Forest Charter is accepting resumes for the following positions for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Generalist Teacher
- Substitute Teacher**
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that are aligned to the Louisiana State Student Standards and Grade Level Expectations that will contribute to
their development as mature, able, responsible men and women who become lifelong learners. This role will report to Principal and/or Facilitator and will supervise
students, paraprofessional(s), and volunteer(s)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Louisiana certification preferred
- Technology integration skills
- Meet those standards of performance for his/her individual teaching assignment developed by the Lake Forest Elementary Charter School. Those standards include the Louisiana Components of Effective Teaching.
- Guide the learning process of students in the classroom toward the achievement of curriculum goals set by the Louisiana State Department of Education, Lake Forest Elementary Charter School, and/or appropriate federal guidelines.
- Assist the administration in implementing all Lake Forest Elementary Charter School policies.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Consult with administrator(s), colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Plan and supervise purposeful tasks for paraprofessional(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
- Cooperate with the principal and/or designee in assessing the performance of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
- Serve on and participate in professional staff committee/meetings as required.
- Teachers will be available and participate in extra-curricular and instructional activities that support the vision and mission of Lake Forest Elementary Charter School.
- Sponsor or co-sponsor a student organization that supports the vision and mission of Lake Forest Elementary Charter School.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities.
- Teachers perform other duties as assigned by the principal and/or designee.
When a teacher or paraprofessional is absent, a qualified substitute is needed to carry out the educational program. As a substitute, you will become an integral
part of a school’s educational team, amplifying your teaching expertise while maximizing the learning experience for students. An LFC substitute assists with
classroom instruction in the absence of a regular teacher. This person follows and teaches lesson plans or IEP, aids students in understanding subject matter, and
ensures that regular classroom routines are followed.
- 2 years of college minimum education
- Computer Literacy MANDATORY
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with us and believe you would be a good fit, please apply via email with your cover letter and a current resume
to email@example.com. Make sure to put “Teacher Applicant” and the specific position in the subject line.