The Employment Opportunities below are for the 2019-2020 School Year.
Current Job Descriptions:
Lake Forest Charter School is accepting resumes for the following Teacher positions for the 2019-2020 School year:
- 3rd Grade Science Teacher
- Middle School ELA Teacher
- Technology Integrationist
- Substitute Teacher
- Physical Education Teacher
To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that are aligned to the Louisiana State Student Standards and Grade Level Expectations that will contribute to their development as mature, able, responsible men and women who become lifelong learners.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Louisiana certification, preferred
- Technology integration skills, preferred
- Meet those standards of performance for his/her individual teaching assignment developed by the Lake Forest Elementary Charter School. Those standards include the Louisiana Components of Effective Teaching.
- Guide the learning process of students in the classroom toward the achievement of curriculum goals set by the Louisiana State Department of Education, Lake Forest Elementary Charter School and/or appropriate federal guidelines.
- Assist the administration in implementing all Lake Forest Elementary Charter School policies.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Consult with administrator(s), colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Plan and supervise purposeful tasks for paraprofessional(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
- Cooperate with the principal and/or designee in assessing the performance of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) assigned.
- Serve on and participate in professional staff committee/meetings as required.
- The teacher will be available and participate in extra-curricular and instructional activities that support the vision and mission of Lake Forest Elementary Charter School.
- Sponsor or co-sponsor a student organization that supports the vision and mission of Lake Forest Elementary Charter School.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities.
- The teacher performs other duties as assigned by the principal and/or designee.
Principal and/or Facilitator
Students, Paraprofessional(s) and Volunteer(s)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in working with us and believe you would be a good fit, please apply via email with your cover letter and a current resume to email@example.com. Make sure to put “Teacher Applicant” and the specific position in the subject line.